This dish is a delicious side for poached or baked tilapia or salmon or with a hearty grain-based pilaf or salad. Serve asparagus warm or at room temperature, with aioli for dipping, or place the asparagus on a platter and drizzle the aioli down the center.
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 bunch asparagus, tough ends trimmed
- 2 1/2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 or 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- Heat broiler on high and set a rack 6 inches away from it. On a sheet pan, toss asparagus with 2 teaspoons of olive oil, a few grinds of pepper and a pinch of salt. Broil for 2-5 minutes and check for browning; shake the sheet pan to roll the asparagus spears around to brown evenly.
- For the aioli, put the mayo in a small bowl, add the garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, 1/2 tablespoon olive oil and tarragon and mix well.
100 calories, 8 g. fat, 5 mg. cholesterol, 280 mg. sodium, 8 g. carbohydrate, 2 g. fiber, 3 g. protein
Posted by permission from grocery.coop.
Find more recipes and information about your food and where it comes from at grocery.coop.