Flatbush Food Co-op is owned and democratically controlled by its Member-Owners. By joining the co-op, you become a part owner of our socially responsible business.
Member-Owners also participate in decision making in the co-op, electing a Board of Directors at the co-op annual meeting.
Member-Owners also receive a selection of additional benefits.
Member-Owner Equity Share Cost:
- An investment of $200 (should you choose to leave the co-op, this investment is refundable, subject to bylaws and board policy)
You may pay your equity investment in full or in installments of:
- A minimum equity payment of $25 with your application, accompanied by a $15 one-time nonrefundable processing fee
- Followed by a $25 minimum payment annually (due on the anniversary of your first payment) until the balance is paid.
There is no work requirement!
There is so much to gain—and contribute—by joining.
- Member-Owner Appreciation Days (Including 10% off regularly priced items, flash sales and more!)- at least 4x annually
- Monthly Member-Owner Specials
- 5% off Flatbush Food Co-op branded products (including tinctures, vitamins, t-shirts, mugs, and bottles)
- The board may choose to return a Patronage Dividend to Member-owners at the end of profitable years, in proportion to their purchases for the year. Since 2015 we've given back over 1.2 million dollars to Member-owners!
- Discounted events and classes, and invitations to Member-owner exclusive events
- Discounts or special offers from local businesses in our Community Partnership Program
- Participating in co-op decision making through annual elections (One vote per Membership)
- Running for our Board of Directors
- Offering other constructive suggestions
Involvement in a member-owned cooperative helps build a stronger, healthier local community.
As part of the cooperative movement, we are helping to change the way business is conducted in America and around the world.
- Shop at the store,
- Encourage your friends to check us out,
- Sign up for our email list or connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram,
- Share your opinions with FFC staff or fill out a suggestion form at customer service,
- Attend our events,
- Attend a board meeting, vote for our Board members, recommend a candidate, or run yourself,
- Shop and dine with our community partners