Craving pumpkin pie? Try this streamlined pumpkin pudding in easy, single-serving ramekins. Skip the crust and get right to the pumpkin-spice flavors you crave, sweetened with a touch of maple syrup. A dollop of whipped cream or vanilla ice cream makes it even more special.
Total Time: 1 hour; 15 minutes active
- Butter, for ramekins
- 1 15-ounce can of pumpkin
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Butter six eight-ounce ramekins and place them on a baking sheet.
- Add the pumpkin, maple syrup, salt, cinnamon, allspice and cloves to a large bowl and whisk until smooth. Add the eggs and whisk to mix, then add the cream and whisk again.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture into the ramekins and smooth the tops. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, until the custard is set but still wobbles a bit in the centers when shaken.
- Cool on racks and serve at room temperature with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, or, if preferred, chill until cold and serve.
Posted by permission from grocery.coop.
Find more recipes and information about your food and where it comes from at grocery.coop.